(Public) Private Practice
A downloadable mod
The goal of this mod pack is to rework the Health system of the Sims 4. Exploring the ability to take care of your Sim's Health all under the same roof if you wish. ***REQUIRES SIMS 4 GET WORK***
Public Mod Guide:
Summary of Changes
We added/changed the following:
- PRIVATE PRACTICE PHONE OPTION: Before this update, Private Practice was located in the Travel Phone menu. This option is now in the Household menu and called MyHealthPortal.
- APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING: Health Checkups, and then also Sick Visits once added, will now have to be set up through MyHealthPortal by appointment. You can also have multiple Sims within a household go for a Checkup.
- HEALTH CHECKUP APPOINTMENT: No longer will you send your Sim to a rabbithole for their Checkup. They will now go to the new Medical Clinic for their appointment with hours between 7:00-19:00 (7 pm)!
- MEDICAL CLINIC: This new lot is set up similar to SNB - Financial Center. Just place the Lot trait on any non-residential lots and Private Practice NPCs will come and assist your Sims. More NPCs and features to come with the Sickness & Illnesses update that is currently in development.
- This mod now requires Sims 4 Get to Work in order to function properly.
Placing or Creating a Medical Clinic Lot
In case you are new to this Private Practice process, this section will get you started on preparing your save for the new options provided by this mod. To get started, you will need a lot with the Private Practice Lot Trait. This can be any type of lot that is non-residential. If you would like just a Clinic, you can use the Generic lot type with this lot trait. We made a test clinic (Newcrest Health Center) for you as well so you don't have to immediately build one. It will provide an example of what you will need for each function of the Clinic and see the potential for additional features to come. You can then build whatever kind of Clinic you would like. To add my test Medical Center to your game, you can either use the tray files included in the mod download and put it in your Tray folder, or you can look up the EA Account ID: SimRealist (Custom Content allowed while searching). When placing a pre-built Medical Clinic or Center, please be sure to go into Build Mode, confirm the correct lot type and trait, and then SAVE before attempting your first appointment.
The release of Private Practice 2.0.0 will include Kate Emerald's Clinics and Center, which we also made available for you to use with this mod. They will be available in the Gallery under the SimRealist name as well. We've also included both the Generic (Newcrest) Health Center and Kate's builds in the download below for your convenience.
Objects you will need to have a complete Medical Clinic or Center are below. Kiosks and Sample Cart can be found in Community Items. The Private Practice sign can be found in Wall Decorations. The Get to Work Exam Bed can be found under Recreation objects with cheats testingcheats true -> bb.showhiddenobjects.
CREATING AN APPOINTMENT
To set up a Health Checkup, you must first go to a Sim's MyHealthPortal app in the Household phone menu. From there, choose the option to Schedule an Appointment and the mod will guide you through the process of choosing who will be the patient and, if a child is chosen, a Caregiver (required). Then it will ask you what kind of Appointment you would like to schedule. For this update, you only have the option for a Checkup. Later the option for a Sick Visit will be listed here. After this step, you will choose any of the available Clinics to have your appointment.
***If you would like to have your Sim's appointment happen asap, you will need to cheat with pp.scheduleimmediately and then schedule your Sim's appointment. This will get your Sim seen asap, even outside of normal business hours.***
DAY OF APPOINTMENT
On the day of the scheduled appointment, your Sim will get a reminder. All PATIENTS will be put on Vacation so they are ready (mod adds a day of vacation so no days lost). Caregivers will be called away from any job or location they were at for the appointment.
When it is time, you will see a pop-up to start the appointment. Click this option and the mod will send your Sim to the location of their appointment. Once there, follow the Guidance System for this Appointment. It will tell you what you need to accomplish with each patient scheduled.
Health Checkup Process:
- Check-in at a Check-In Kiosk
- Complete Urinalysis with the Peeing in a Cup interaction at any toilet on the premises. Preferably the bathrooms that have Sample Carts inside for your Sim's ease of use. If none are nearby, your Sim will place it at the closest viable surface.
- Complete your Sim's final checks by sending them to the Wellness Kiosk where their weight and blood pressure will be measured.
- After all checks have been made, a Nurse Practitioner will bring the calculated results of your Sim's visit to the Sim's Exam Bed. These results can also be found in the Sim's MyHealthPortal app.
- Your Sim can finally check-out once their results are delivered. They can do so at a Check-Out Kiosk where they will pay for their visit. Failure to pay will result in an addition to their Household bill.
- If the Sim has High or Low Blood Pressure, please be sure to stop by our Capsule Kiosk (Pharmacy). This Kiosk will allow your Sim to buy medication that will assist with this issue. Your Sim will need to take this medication once a day. Failure to keep a handle on this diagnosis could later result in not just a shorter life-term but possible death through our upcoming custom illness, Heart Attack. You can also buy EA's medicine from here as well at any time until your Sim is required to have another Checkup.
Patch 01/21/21 PC: 188.8.131.520 / Mac: 184.108.40.206
Conflicts/Issues/Notable Items Observed:
- Sometimes your Sim may put the Urine Sample Cup on another surface other than the Sample Cart. It is best to have the Sample Cart in the bathroom to avoid this, but the RNs will take care of picking it up even if it isn't in the right spot.
- Private Practice clinic does not work with LittleMsSam's More Buyable Venue Medical Clinics
- Conflicts with any mod that uses this game resource file: S4_E882D22F_00000003_000000000001BDE2_hospitalExamBed_Patient_Sit_Idle_autonomous
- Victor Andrade: SR Mod Developer
- roBurky: SR Mod Developer
- thepancake1: SR Animator
- Kate Emerald: SR Architect
- Nichole: SR Mod Producer
Thanks to the SR Linguists Team
- Traditional Chinese
TURBODRIVER: for scripting assistance
on push interactions and the game's UI dialogs.
Nisa K: for scripting assistance and advice.
If you are experiencing this issue with this mod, please head over to our Discord server channel: #simrealist-mod-support (https://discord.gg/W8Erfqu).
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Release date||34 days ago|
|Authors||SimRealist, Victor Andrade, roBurky|
|Tags||medical, private-practice, simrealist, sims-4-mods|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_NoDerivatives v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||German, English, French, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Chinese (Traditional)|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Patreon, Support|
Click download now to get access to the following files: