(Public) Private Practice
A downloadable mod
The goal of this mod pack is to rework the Health system of the Sims 4. Exploring the ability to take care of your Sim's Health all under the same roof if you wish. ***REQUIRES SIMS 4 GET WORK***
Public Mod Guide:
Summary of Changes
We added/changed the following:
- ALLERGIES SYSTEM: Added in Allergies based on the Sim's environment.
- COLD AND FLU SYSTEM: Added in contagious viral infections based on the season.
- INFECTIONS SYSTEM: Introduces possible Ear, Sinus, Respiratory, and Strep Infection into the Sim's Health System.
- ADDITIONAL VIRUSES: Added Norovirus (stomach flu) and Mononucleosis into the Health System.
This update adds in a new Allergies System based on the regional plant species' pollen and spores that can develop allergic reactions over time. Certain pollens/spores are more allergenic than others (i.e., Mother Plant spores due to their invasive nature).
To start, you will want to set up a Checkup appointment at your Sim's Clinic or Health Center. During this Checkup, their Nurse Practitioner will deliver the results for any allergies that you will need to be aware of when sending your Sim out into the world. Most often, the first checkup will reveal little to no allergies but by design, you should see a change in this report.
- Newcrest Cypress
- Newcrest Ragweed
- Willow Creek Willow
- Willow Creek Ragweed
- Leaf Mold
- Britechester Birch (Discover University Pack required for this allergy)
- Del Sol Valley Ragweed (Get Famous Pack required for this allergy)
- Granite Falls Cedar (Outdoor Retreat Pack required for this allergy)
- Guzmania Pollen (Jungle Adventure Pack required for this allergy)
- MotherPlantSpores (Strangerville Pack required for this allergy)
- Windenburg Ragweed (Get Together Pack required for this allergy)
- Windenburg Spruce (Get Together Pack required for this allergy)
- Glimmerbrook Spruce (Realm of Magic Pack required for this allergy)
- Sulani Hibiscus (Island Living Pack required for this allergy)
- Brindleton Bay Ragweed (Cats & Dogs Pack required for this allergy)
- Evergreen Harbor Pine (Eco Lifestyle Pack required for this allergy)
- Dust Bunnies (Bust the Dust Kit required for this allergy)
As your Sim(s) develop Allergies to the above possibilities, you will notice negative emotional buffs appearing, giving you a heads up that you may need to give your Sim(s) one of the Allergy Medications below.
TREATMENTS (objects found in Build/Buy - search Private Practice):
Cold and Flu System
This mod version introduces a contagious Common Cold and Influenza virus system. Both viruses have their respective seasons (Common Cold is Fall/Winter and influenza is Winter/Spring).
Sims have a chance of bringing home an illness from school or work, or potentially catching a Cold if they’re cold or wet (not 100% realistic, but the chance is about the same level as a weather-related illness in the Sims 2). The Common Cold’s incubation period may be symptomatic (respiratory symptoms, throat discomfort, and dulled sense of taste), while the flu’s incubation is more common, with the virus’s effects coming on at once.
Both viruses carry a chance of a fever (Feverish buff from Get To Work), but a cold may bring about head congestion (pressurized buff from Get To Work and occasionally a headache). New storytelling social interactions are included, inspired by the Sims Mobile story events: Ask if Feeling Okay, Offer Tea, Suggest Calling in Sick, Offer Tissues, Ask How to Help, and Criticize For Getting Sick. Traits impact the sims’ reactions to such interactions.
TREATMENTS (objects found in Build/Buy - search Private Practice): - Home Remedies: orange juice, green tea, to-go green tea, bee tea, wellness tea, and naps. - Medication:
This system introduces Ear, Sinus, Respiratory, and Strep Infections to the game. ll Infections are more likely for sims with allergies from the allergen system.
Only strep Infections are contagious and can lead to (a currently very mild form of) scarlet fever if untreated. Strep Infections can be contracted while a sim is at school.
Ear Infections are more likely to occur when a sim is swimming, and a Sinus Infection is more likely to occur if a sim is experiencing a moodlet like “Stuffed Up.”
Respiratory Infections are extremely likely for sims who are smokers or exposed to secondhand smoke in games using Basemental’s mod.
TREATMENTS (objects found in Build/Buy - search Private Practice):
NOROVIRUS - Stomach Flu
Norovirus can be contracted at school or through the “What’s Up Chuck?” Parenthood chance card; it can also occur occasionally through an occasional event. It’s contagious through a broadcaster and causes symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea (faster bladder decay). There is a “throw up” self-interaction for sims with norovirus who cannot find or use a toilet (Child sims, particularly, as they lack the toilet interaction.) Toddlers, who cannot experience vomiting, will instead have a loss of appetite (slower hunger decay), diarrhea (faster bladder decay), general fussiness (faster attention decay), and fatigue (faster energy decay).
TREATMENT: None, except to keep your Sims home and comfortable.
Mononucleosis can be contracted at high school (if they have the “had first kiss” trait, letting them possibly kiss an infected significant other during school hours, other traits that might make them more inclined for such behavior, or the “slob” trait from potentially drinking another student’s water), drama club (from kissing scenes and potential water bottle mishaps), or the acting career (same as drama club). A sim carrying Mononucleosis in an infectious period may spread it through kiss tagged interactions. Mono symptoms include sore throat, fever, fatigue (faster energy decay), and chills. After a bout of Mono, however, the sim will be immune to ever getting the illness again.
TREATMENT: None, except to keep your Sims home and comfortable.
All of these new viruses and infections are identifiable during our current Sick Visit event. Right now, they may not be a treatment option for most of these additions but in the future, these visits will allow you to figure out what is going on with your Sim and which treatment you need to buy for them to relieve their symptoms or cure their illness.
Placing or Creating a Medical Clinic Lot
In case you are new to this Private Practice process, this section will get you started on preparing your save for the new options provided by this mod. To get started, you will need a lot with the Private Practice Lot Trait. This can be any type of lot that is non-residential except for LittleMsSam's Medical Clinic. If you would like just a Clinic, you can use the Generic lot type with this lot trait. I made a test clinic (Newcrest Health Center) for you as well, so you don't have to immediately build one. It will provide an example of what you will need for each function of the Clinic and see the potential for additional features to come. You can then build whatever kind of Clinic you would like. To add my test Medical Center to your game, you can either use the tray files included in the mod download and put it in your Tray folder, or you can look up the EA Account ID: SimRealist. When placing a pre-built Medical Clinic or Center, please be sure to go into Build Mode, confirm the correct lot type and trait, and then SAVE before attempting your first appointment.
The release of Private Practice 2.0.0 included Kate Emerald's Clinics and Center, which l also made available for you to use with this mod. They will be available in the Gallery under the SimRealist name as well. We've also included both the Generic (Newcrest) Health Center and Kate's builds in the download below for your convenience.
Objects you will need to have a complete Medical Clinic or Center are below. Kiosks and Sample Cart can be found in Community Items. The Private Practice sign can be found in Wall Decorations. The Get to Work Exam Bed can be found under Recreation objects with cheats testingcheats true -> bb.showhiddenobjects.
SICK VISIT APPOINTMENTS
CREATING A SICK VISIT APPOINTMENT
To set up a Sick Visit, you must first go to a Sim's MyHealthPortal app in the Household phone menu. From there, choose the option to Schedule an Appointment and the mod will guide you through the process of choosing who will be the patient and, if a child is chosen, a Caregiver (required). Then it will ask you what kind of Appointment you would like to schedule. For this update, you now have both a Health Checkup and a Sick Visit Appointment option. You can choose whichever option your Sim needs, but to start a Sick Visit, choose Sick Visit. After this step, you will choose any of the available Clinics to have your appointment. The difference you will immediately see between a Health Checkup and a Sick Visit is that Sick Visits are scheduled asap or within 30 minutes of the appointment request.
DAY OF APPOINTMENT
On the day of the scheduled appointment, your Sim will get a reminder. All PATIENTS will be put on Vacation so they will be ready when the time comes (mod adds a day of vacation so no days lost). Caregivers will be called away from any job or location they were at for the appointment.
When it is time, you will see a pop-up to start the appointment. Click this option and the mod will send your Sim(s) to the location of their appointment. Once there, follow the Guidance System for this Appointment. It will tell you what you need to accomplish with each patient scheduled.
Sick Visit Process:
- Check-in at a Check-In Kiosk
- Complete Urinalysis with the Peeing in a Cup interaction at any toilet on the premises. Preferably the bathrooms that have Sample Carts inside for your Sim's ease of use. If none are nearby, your Sim will place it at the closest viable surface.
- Complete your Sim's final checks by sending them to the Wellness Kiosk where their weight and blood pressure will be measured.
- Your Sim will then go to the next available Exam Bed to wait for a Nurse Practitioner.
- A Nurse Practitioner will then take your Sim to a Treadmill and then an X-Ray machine when ready. Please wait for the mod to push this interaction, you need an N.P. in order to complete these tests.
- If the Diagnosis should be mild, a Physician Assistant (P.A.) will come by to give your Sim their Diagnosis. If the Diagnosis should be severe, a Medical Doctor (M.D.) will deliver the results. All results can also be found in the Sim's MyHealthPortal app.
- Your Sim can finally check-out once their results are delivered. They can do so at a Check-Out Kiosk where they will pay for their visit. Failure to pay will result in an addition to their Household bill.
- If the Sim has High or Low Blood Pressure, please be sure to stop by our Capsule Kiosk (Pharmacy). This Kiosk will allow your Sim to buy medication that will assist with this issue. Your Sim will need to take this medication once a day. Failure to keep a handle on this diagnosis could later result in not just a shorter life-term but possible death through our upcoming custom illness, Heart Attack. If your Sim is sick, you can also buy EA's medicine from here as well at any time until your Sim is required to have another Checkup.
Patch 07/27/21 PC: 18.104.22.1680 / Mac: 22.214.171.1240
Conflicts/Issues/Notable Items Observed:
- First-time running this mod will take time for NPC generation for your Clinics. Give the mod time to produce the appropriate amount of NPCs for your Clinic(s).
- Illnesses may go away with one dose of medication, but if that isn't the case try two-three evenly spaced doses.
- Sometimes your Sim may put the Urine Sample Cup on another surface other than the Sample Cart. It is best to have the Sample Cart in the bathroom to avoid this, but the RNs will take care of picking it up even if it isn't in the right spot.
- Private Practice clinic does not work on LittleMsSam's More Buyable Venue Medical Clinics
- Conflicts with any mod that uses this game resource file: S4_E882D22F_00000003_000000000001BDE2_hospitalExamBed_Patient_Sit_Idle_autonomous / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x000000000001B408 / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x000000000001B407 / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x000000000001A519 / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x000000000001BDE2 / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x0000000000019DD6 / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x0000000000019DEE / 0xE882D22F-0x00000003-0x000000000001C3CF
- Victor Andrade: SR Mod Developer
- roBurky: SR Mod Developer
- thepancake1: SR Animator
- Kate Emerald: SR Architect
- Nichole: SR Mod Producer
Thanks to the SR Linguists Team
- Chinese - Simplified
- Portuguese (PT)
TURBODRIVER: for scripting assistance
on push interactions and the game's UI dialogs.
Nisa K: for scripting assistance and advice.
If you are experiencing this issue with this mod, please head over to our Discord server channel: #simrealist-mod-support (https://discord.gg/W8Erfqu).
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Release date||34 days ago|
|Authors||SimRealist, Victor Andrade, roBurky|
|Tags||medical, private-practice, simrealist, sims-4-mods|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_NoDerivatives v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||Czech, German, English, Spanish; Latin America, Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Chinese (Simplified)|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Patreon, Support|
Click download now to get access to the following files: