(Public) SNB - Financial Center
A downloadable mod
The Financial Center is an adjacent mod of SNBank that brings a physical bank to the game. Your Sims will now be able to access SNB options, and more, in-person. This keeps to that off-the-grid option where you don't need to use your Sim's cellphone for every SNB service. This mod will also usher in SimRealist Credit options we have planned for later this year.
We are operating on a USE -> WORK -> OWN progression for all our venues. That means right now we are building the ability to USE a bank venue. Next, we will work on the ability for your Sim to WORK at a Bank and then OWN.
To get started, you will need the main SNBank found here:
Optional Mods that will enhance your experience are:
-(MizoreYukii) Scarlet's SimCity Loans mod: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-simcity-2-0-48521567
-LittleMsSam's ATM Cards and Credit mod: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175407172343/atm-cards-and-now-with-real-credit-function
Summary of Changes
We added/changed the following:
- New Loan Product: Changed the Application Process for Credit Accounts for the new SNB Unsecured Loan.
- Realistic Terms: added a realistic bill calculation system.
- Debt-to-Income Calculation: for SNB Loans only, Sims will not be able to borrow if they do not meet SNBank Policy.
- Flexible SNB Loan Bill Payment System: Pay more or less whenever you want! Just be sure you satisfy any outstanding bills when it comes due!
- Simple Credit Credibility Standing System: Derogatory Marks are now a thing when your Sim's loan defaults. This will block all future credit until resolved and then even if resolved a waiting period will go into effect before new credit can be taken.
- Annual Thank You 2020: Simple investment into an FC lot is now available with the Patron Thank You Gift for 2020.
Before we get into the details of this new update, all of these features affect SNB Loans (current and future) ONLY! The Partner Loans (LittleMsSam's Credit Mod and Scarlet's SimCity Loans) are not affected by this process and follow the rules set by the respective mod creator.
FOR A REVIEW ON HOW TO PLACE A FINANCIAL CENTER LOT, PLEASE GO TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.
This update brings in Unsecured Loans. Mortgages became way more complex than what we originally thought and will have their own update. Unsecured Loans are not bound or secured to any object or real estate. As a result, rates are normally higher than mortgages or other secured loans because the risk is higher to the Financial Institution. This mod sets this loan type with the following term options:
New Application Process
When you would like your Sim to borrow an SNB Loan, you will send them off to their local Financial Center to apply with the usual Loan Officer option (Request Assistance from Loan Officer) and then Apply for a Loan. From there, you will enter how much you would like to borrow. The mod will check the Sim's financial standing or DTI to see if they can borrow that much or less based on Bank Policy/Criteria. Bank Policy requires the following in order to borrow from SNBank:
The Household's Debt-to-Income cannot be more than 75%. The mod takes into account the Household's income against how much outstanding SNB debt they have. So say the entire household makes a total weekly income of §5,000, and one of the household members has an SNB Loan with a weekly payment of §1,000. DTI would calculate as 0.2 or 20%. This is still within bank policy, so the Sim can borrow 55% more or §2,750. Still with me? 😂 You can cheat with snbfc.dti to have the mod generate this figure without applying and being denied.
Please note that, DTI is only seeing Career Pay in the traditional sense and doesn't have a way to calculate income derived from ownership of a business yet.
The requirement to have a SNBank account with at least §200 for loan fees still applies. This is where the loan will disburse to as well.
If anyone in the Household defaults or their loan goes into collection, no potential applicants in that Household will be able to get a loan until the Mark has been removed. It is removed 2 Sim weeks after the loan in Collection is satisfied.
Loan Payments and Payoff
The calculated weekly payment amount displayed before you Accept the Agreement is the loan amount divided by the term of the loan without consideration of interest accrued. So the actual bill amount will always be more than the quoted payment amount. Loan Paydown, Interest Accrued, and Late Fees are part of 3 separate billing calculations to keep things as realistic as possible. Meaning, the more you pay down the loan, the lower the amount of interest you will have to pay. So to keep things from getting too complicated, all three bill categories have been separated for your mathematical delight. 😂
- Weekly Payment Amount = Loan Amount / Term Selected (4, 8, or 12 weeks)
- Daily Interest Accrued or Per Diem (starting on Day 0) = (Interest Rate / Term) x Current Loan Amount
- Late Fee Amount (when a loan is past due for a week and every week thereafter) = Billed amount x .04 (or 4%).
On the day the loan is due, your Sim will receive a phone call to notify you of this. To make a loan payment, your Sim will need to go to the Bank to take care of this bill. Once at the bank, loan payments are taken by the Bank Tellers with the new option called SNBank Loan Payments. After selected which account you would like to pay from, a pop-up will appear to show you how much is due. Future updates will allow this new bill category and calculation to show in SNB-Bills.
If your Sim should ever be late, a late fee of 4% of the billed amount will be applied to your Sim's next weekly Bills, not your Loan Bill as a fee. You do not need SNB - Bills in order for this late fee to populate properly. It should show up in EA's bills instead of this mod isn't present.
If your Sim continues to be late after 4 missed bills, their loan will default and go into Collections. As a result:
- Repossessions will take place (see the warning at the top of this post)
- A Collection Fee will be assessed
- The Household will be unable to borrow again until the Collected Loan has been paid off and the Sim's Derogatory Mark has fallen off their Credit profile.
- Payments will only be available by way of the mailbox.
Annual Thank You 2020
This Plaque not only holds all the Active Patrons of a year or more as of Oct. 1 2020 listing but also a new simple investment feature! Your Sim can now "invest" into the Financial Center by buying shares. Depending on how many shares that Sim has will determine how much dividend income they will receive each week. We have it set to §125 dividends a week per share (1 share = §2,500). This Dividend will automatically deposit into the Sim's SNB account. This amount will never fluctuate since we didn't want to add in another complex system yet.
PATRON THANK YOU LEVELS
In the Thank You! option, Patrons that were with us for a year or more are listed according to how long they've been with us and then by name.
Placing or Creating a Bank Lot
***NO CHANGES WERE MADE ON THE LOTS ATTACHED TO THIS DOWNLOAD. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THEM INSTALLED, YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPDATE THEM.***
In order to start with this mod, you will need a lot with the Sim National Bank Lot Trait. This can be any type of lot, even residential but I wouldn't recommend that at this time. If you would like just a bank, you can use the Generic lot type with this lot trait. I made a test bank for you as well so you don't have to immediately build one. It will provide an example of what you will need for each function of the bank. You can then build whatever kind of bank you would like. To add my test bank branch to your game, you can either download the tray files below and put them in your Tray folder, or you can look up the EA Account ID: SimRealist.
Objects you will need to have a complete bank are:
- A Bank Computer (Account Manager) Desk Station (found in Community Items)
- A Bank Teller Desk and Station (found in Community Items)
- A Credit Computer (Loan Officer) Desk Station (found in Community Items)
- A Bank Lobby (be sure to have a good size one and only have one entrance and exit so you can attempt to control the NPC traffic).
- (Optional) SNB Bank Sign (Found in Wall Decor)
Additional Custom Banks by KateEmerald
I've been watching KateEmerald's builds for a while and all the great work she has done so far for the Sims Community. I reached out to her to assist me in building some custom Bank Venues for everyone to start off with since I wouldn't say I'm architecturally inclined (though I tried with the Test Branch. 😉) and she happily agreed! In fact, you may see more of her work in the future as we add in more venues to go with our mods. Below are your options to download. They all only require the Base Game and sit on 30x20 lots for ease of use. Each of them is made to match the World that they are named for. I've also made these lots available via the Gallery under the SimRealist ID.
WILLOW CREEK BRANCH
OASIS SPRINGS BRANCH
Please check out KateEmerald here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfSA8fw-AoVckUmrkBKR4dw
If you do share your build to the Gallery, be sure to add #snb to your lot description for others to easily find your lot.
How to Use the Bank
If this is the first time a Sim has used SNBank (the main mod) and they don't have an account, you want to start at an Account Manager's office. There you will be able to Inquire about what Bank Products are available and Open either an SNB account or buy a LittleMsSam ATM Card. You will need an SNB Account in order to use other Bank services.
In addition to opening an SNB Bank Account, you can also close one with an Account Manager when you no longer need SNB services or open more SNB Accounts for the rest of your household.
From there, your Sim can either go to a Bank Teller or a Loan Officer. This depends entirely on your Sim's needs at the moment.
A Bank Teller will assist your Sim with a number of services starting with the basic deposit and withdrawal as well as make your Student Loan Payment. You also have two new options that allow you to send money to other Sims by way of a limited SimoleonGram or an unlimited Wire. Both come with a fee. What this means is that SNB will require an update where we cap the Send Money feature so that you have to go to the bank to send more than a certain amount with Bank Approval. You know to protect you from future fraud and all. 😉
A Loan Officer is available to assist with your Sim's Credit needs. Right now you need one or both of the Third Party mods we reference which are LittleMsSam's Credit module of her ATM mod and (MizoreYukii) Scarlet's SimCity Loans mod. To get started, click a Loan Officer NPC and the Credit UI will guide you through whichever product you choose.
Conflicts/Issues/Notable Items Observed:
- If you use our test branches, there have been instances in which it will switch back to the original lot type. All you need to do is switch it back in build mode to what you would like or keep it as is. Leave the lot and come back with your Sim to activate the Bank.
- Be sure to have a good size lobby, Bank Customer NPCs have been known to sit where they shouldn't. With that being said, you should bypass Building Fire Codes and only have one entrance/exit to the building as well.
- In order for Tellers to show you will need a bar stool with the Teller Desk.
Patch 09/21/21 PC: 126.96.36.1990 / Mac: 188.8.131.520
- Victor Andrade: SR Mod Developer
- Nichole: SR Mod Producer
- roBurky: SR SNBank Mod Developer
- Kate Emerald: SR Animator
- scripthoge (Mod The Sims) for assistance in the development of these additions
- EA's Might Plaque of Honor Plaque
Thanks to the SR Linguists Team
- Chinese - Simplified
- Chinese - Traditional
- Portuguese (PT)
To connect a Patreon Account to Discord for support on Patreon versions, please follow these instructions: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/212052266-Get-my-Discord-role
|Updated||14 days ago|
|Release date||Mar 27, 2021|
|Tags||banking, simrealist, sims-4-mods, snb, the-sims-4|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_NoDerivatives v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||Czech, German, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)|
Click download now to get access to the following files: